Monday 17 June 2013

Lush Haul!!


Yay - it's that time again! I haven't gotten myself down to Lush in a looong long time so, on the day after pay day, I made a special little trip and filled my basket with lots of Lush goodies to last me another few months!

First of all some oldies, but goodies, which I've already reviewed on here before...

Lush BIG Shampoo



This is a big BIG favourite mine. Made of coarse sea salt and organic lemon and lime, this shampoo will give you the gorgeous, voluminous and healthy hair that you get after spending a week by the sea and sun. The texture is magical too as the rocks of salt are great for exfoliation and promote a happy, healthy scalp. It lathers well and adds shine and softness. So simple, yet so special! Try it if you don't believe me!

£11.25 for 330g



Lush Ocean Salt



Salt is really one of the earth's most amazing ingredients and makes up this other salty superhero! Ocean salt is a facial scrub with fresh grapefruit, avocado and coconut. The perfect balance of ingredients means it doesn't dry your skin out as you'd expect sea salt to do, but leaves you feeling soft, buffed and alive! It is a little harsh, but that's just how I like it - really working away at those dead skin cells. It contains lanolin so it's not vegan, but is of course not tested on animals and is vegetarian society approved. Remember though, make sure you mix and stir it up so it doesn't look like the beautiful blue pictured. It comes with most of the salt grouped at the top so make sure you spread it throughout the pot.
I'm still only buying the mini pot though as I assure you it lasts forever!

£6.95 for 100g
Read my full review here


Lush Volcano



I can tell this is popular as I always seem to nab the last pot! I use this every week and slather it over my feet, pop on some spa socks and let it do its thing while I soak the rest of my body in the tub! A kaolin clay mask with papaya, tomatoes and potatoes, Volcano blasts away dry skin and leaves tootsies cool and fresh. Before washing it off, dunk quickly into the water to loosen the mask and then rub the remains into your tricky spots before rinsing away.

£5.75 for 125g



And now for some new appearances...

Lush Curly Wurly



This looks like an unappetising rice pudding, but is a lovely moisturising and conditioning shampoo. This will be my third pot as its coconut, shea butter and vanilla goodness keeps me coming back for more. The pot is full of dessicated coconut and aims to leave curls defined and bouncy. My hair has a natural wave so I can't quite speak for those longing to soften their coils and curls, but I promise that it really does give a light and silky finish.
A word of warning, it's a very, very thick shampoo. You have to dig your fingers into the pot to get a generous scoop and although it may feel like you will never be able to distribute it evenly throughout your style, keep at it as with some elbow grease it lathers into a creamy dream! Now, it is also difficult to wash out. The mini flakes of coconut will sit in your hair even after rinsing. For the first few washes, I was frustratedly trying to locate and remove them all, but I've now learnt that if you just move on to conditioning, by the time you've finished, towel dried and brushed your hair, they will have magically disappeared! And it's certainly worth it for a rich and conditioning experience.

£9.75 for 220g
Fresh eggs make the list of ingredients, meaning this shampoo isn't vegan, but you can rest assured that they're free range.



Lush Sunnyside




How can you resist a trip to Lush without pocketing one of their scrummy bath bombs or melts? It's been particularly grey and miserable recently, so I treated myself to this gorgeous, glittering bubble bar. Break this up under the hot tap while running a bath and enjoy the influx of big, beautiful bubbles. Underneath the surface you'll find you're bathing in liquid gold too like a true goddess or foxy Cleopatra. The glitter will also coat your clean skin so you can enjoy being a shining Goldfinger Bond Girl under your pyjamas or clothes! A sure fire way to give you a smile and ultimate pampering session, Sunnyside is also made with Tangerine, Sweet Wild Orange and Lemon Oil so you can soak amongst citrus sweet essential oils!

£3.65 each



Lush Angels on Bare Skin



Now this is the most exciting product in my haul for me and one I can't wait to try. I haven't tried it yet as am just making the most of the dregs from my last cleanser, but this cleanser is allegedly as gentle and beautiful as being kissed by angels. Made of ground almonds, real lavender flowers, rose and chamomile, Angels on Bare Skin evens out skin tone, reduces redness and improves the health and appearance of the skin, leaving it glowing - sounds perfect to me!
It looks and feels a little rough and grainy, but when mixing your desired amount with water the ground almonds become almond milk in your hands which tone and brighten. It also absorbs grease and softens and moisturises. The simple need to add the water yourself, means that the product can be made with 100% natural ingredients and no preservatives. But my favourite part is the real lavender flowers. I regularly champion lavender as it's proven to calm and relax - so why not add that feeling to your morning cleanse!
I will keep you posted on how I get on!

£6.25 for 100g



As promised, to update on some of the other products I was trying from my last Lush Haul (here)...

Lush No Drought has grown on me a little. It still gets absolutely everywhere and I have to brush down my whole bathroom and outfit after use, but it really does absorb grease if you want to go an extra day without washing your hair. It is also easier to direct right to the problem area compared to the short sharp burst from the more popular cans ending up anywhere and leaving you looking a little skunky.

Lush Fair Trade Foot Lotion is one I won't be purchasing though. I only tried a sample, but it was so runny and gooey it would just get all over my bedding or slippers and wasn't a nice feeling. I much prefer the Body Shop Peppermint Foot Lotion. A lot creamier and indulgent, rather than toe-curlingly slippy!

Let me know what your favourite Lush products are as I'm always excited to try new recommendations!






No comments:

Post a Comment