Wednesday 29 May 2013

Lush Charity Pot



If you're looking for a kind and passionate beauty product that will change the world - you're in the right place. Lush Charity Pot is a hand and body lotion based on fairtrade ingredients and every single penny goes straight to charity, not to Lush. It's the most beautiful donation I've ever made and, selfishly, you get the most heavenly treat for yourself in exchange.

It comes in a range of sizes from 10g up to 240g. Unfortunately (or not), I have a cupboard full of body lotions to use up as they're a gift I often receive from friends and family so I feel unable to commit to a large lovely jubbly pot just yet, but was tempted at the till to get this mini trial size which is only £1. If you were to trust me on anything - I urge you to trust me on this. Lush Charity Pot is paradise in a pot.

It is made of fairtrade organic cocoa butter and almond oil and a combination of uplifting essential oils, including ylang ylang, tagetes and geranium. The chocolately notes from the cocoa are to die for and the finished consistency of a loose emulsion means the lotion is perfectly light and gentle and it sinks into the skin like a luxurious elixir that leaves skin softly conditioned.


Ylang ylang is an exceptionally delicate scent with notes of custard and hints of jasmine and neroli and is known for its calming and soothing effects. Geranium on the other hand is balancing and healing while tagetes is fresh, minty and also has antifungal properties. It is a little miracle pot as each of these ingredients restore and improve the skin.

The three reasons why I will absolutely only ever buy this lotion though are the consistency, scent and charitable element. It is the lightest, milkiest lotion I have ever come across - if I was to compare it to something I would have to say rich double cream. My trial pot was a little overstuffed so the first few times I used it it did overflow and pour everywhere, but it was so easy to mop up as it instantly melts into the skin as if it has disappeared and it leaves you feeling irresistibly soft. Secondly, the scent is magic. I am a fan of Palmer's cocoa butter and often long it was safe to eat it up, but this product goes that little bit further. It has hints of chocolate and subtle fragrances of nut, jasmine and mint that combine to make something divine. I can't do it justice in writing - you will just have to try it. The best word I can think of would be decadent.


And the loveliest little bonus is of course the charity donation you make when you buy the product. 100% goes to charity and best of all - they are a selection of the smallest and most struggling charities Lush could find. Lush assures us that they are small grassroots groups of caring and determined people who make a small amount of money go a long way. For more information about these charities please visit here.

Charity pot also has its own Facebook page which you can like and discover fun and interesting facts and updates.

If you're like me you'll spend a lot of time thinking that you really should give more to charity and this is a great way to start. There is nobody else benefiting from your donation and, although this shouldn't really be an incentive, you do get a lovely little treat to remember the good causes by.

Top tip: keep your pot by your pillow just like me and dab a little on your pulse points before bed for sweet dreams and to leave you smelling like a princess.


No comments:

Post a Comment