Thursday 2 May 2013

So So Sexy Studded Shopper



After beauty, my passion is handbags. Everybody is of the opinion that I have too many, but I assure you I don't. I used to buy a bag at every chance I could, including super cheap numbers for under a tenner on the high street. I have now matured, however, and like to buy quality bags that I know will last me and surpass every trend.

There is nothing worse than spotting that drop dead gorgeous bag on the shelf, only to check the label and discover that it's made of leather. So I was super smug when my latest purchase turned out to be 100% vegan and oh so suave. This studded tote shopper is from high street hero Zara and is just the right size. I need a big bag as (being truly British) I absolutely always have to carry an umbrella as well as an assortment of  other oddities, including emergency snacks and extra lip balms. I also agree that a larger bag slims you so I love to hide myself behind a big beauty.


It's made of 100% polyurethane with a 100% cotton lining which is music to my ears. Polyurethane is perhaps not as durable as leather, but it's a pretty flawless substitute and doesn't have the strong scent of leather that I personally find overpowering. The stud detailing and buckles also provide a striking contrast to the bag's somewhat shiny finish.

I usually opt for lengthier handles, but these smaller ones have really grown on me - I feel high fashion with it either hanging from my bended arm or swinging down by my legs rather than slouched over my shoulder. It's also perfect for work, a day of shopping or an evening accessory. The structural shape is also very in vogue, but subtly executed so as not to overdo the geometric trend. As pictured, it comes with a strap, but I prefer the clean finish without it hanging down. I have found an alternative use for it though and have been wearing it around my waist as a belt...


Zara is my new favourite place to purchase bags as they not only provide some fantastic vegan options, but they're also affordable. This bag comes in at £49.99 which is a bit more than I usually spend in Zara, but still a great price for an investment piece. Can you tell I love it yet?

It's also good to know that the inner lining handily comes complete with two adjacent pocket pouches, the perfect size for keys or a phone (which can easily be separated to prevent scratching). It also comes in a gorgeous rich brown and should simply be cleaned by using a damp cloth. Buy it here now while it lasts!



Some other beauties tempting and tantalising me at the moment....

Image 1 of MINI BOWLING BAG WITH ZIPS from Zara

Image 1 of BOWLING BAG WITH HANDLES from Zara


No comments:

Post a Comment