Sunday 19 May 2013

Passionate for Pink Grapefruit


I'm staying with family this weekend and couldn't resist sabotaging their shower gel and grapefruit breakfast basket for a review. I was far too excited to spot this beauty in their shower and was quick to get my fruity weekend fling underway.

Original Source Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel is packed with natural fragrance and has the most sumptuously zingy scent. If you're a fan of true natural beauty, this really does make you feel as though you're showering with grapefruit juice and using one of the fruity segments as a loofah!

Original Source run regular competitions via their Facebook page to produce special edition seasonal flavours and this scent represents summer in a bottle. 33,000 fans voted this Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel as their winner for an instant and intense summer vibe, even on the rainiest of days! Previous seasonal editions include Orange and Cinnamon, a perfect winter warmer, and British Strawberries.


Pink Grapefruit has always been one of my favourite scents as it leaves you feeling super fresh and it has that added sharpness which is the perfect degree of subtle. Original Source are perhaps most famous for their mint and strong citrus shower gels, but I much prefer their softer variants. My boyfriend is a regular purchaser of their popular Mint and Tea Tree Shower Gel, stuffed full of 7,927 tingling real mint leaves.There is no doubt that it does exactly what it says on the bottle, but I find it far too tingly for my liking at 6am in the morning if you know what I mean...

I love the Body Shop Pink Grapefruit range, but this bottle is a lot easier to use and does smell more authentic and natural. It's very light and gooey but lathers up well and is not an assault on the nose or skin. It is in fact the perfect start to any morning: it's vegan society approved, tested on humans not animals, made here in the UK and recyclable.



Original Source Vanilla and Raspberry (oh so creamy and just divine) is my current favourite, but I'd recommend getting involved on Facebook and voting for the next special edition... if we're preparing for Autumn I'm thinking hot chocolate, pumpkins or toffee apple!

Boring bits: £2.20 for 100ml from major supermarkets and chemists






P.s. Never underestimate the power that you have to change the world! I discovered this vegan-friendly bottle of joy in a shower which wasn't my own and I know I have converted my own guests who have borrowed my natural beauty goodies... every little helps and one little person can make a difference :)





No comments:

Post a Comment